Some of My Scrap Works

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Is it only Wednesday???

Gee this week is a killer! I am so busy at work, I don't know if I am coming or going. For some reason the traffic on the way home has been horrible the last few days too - a LOT of police cars stopping people - which automatically gets me to thinking "Terrorist Attack". Ever since the horrific 9/11 attack and the feeling of isolation and vulnerability that was felt by those living on Long Island, I have never really felt carefree about anything.

And I have Spring Fever, but it is COLD here, the poor little robins are all puffed up trying to keep warm...and I see all the daffodils starting to peek up from the soil and the purple crocus (or is it croci??) in the front flower bed of is almost blooming. To convince myself into thinking that Spring is really here, I have been buying bunches of Daffodils every week in the grocery store. Actually I alternate with Tulips. For those of you that know me - yellow is probably one of my least favorites colors, just barely ahead of red and the all- hated orange, but Daffs and Sunflowers are the exception. I will leave you with a photo of the Daffs I had last week - they were gorgeous - huge, bright yellow bloom that lasted all week - best $3 I've spent in a long time.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a nice spot of spring in those flowers!!! Thanks for brightening my day with them.

beckyjune said...

Beautiful flowers, Dee, and your mini book looks like such a fun project. I hope you are having a good night :)