Some of My Scrap Works

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day !! Some Ramblings....

I love all things Irish...starting with my name, Deirdre, which is about as Irish as a name can be. My mother told me that I was named after an Irish princess who had dark hair and a tragic love life - except for the princess part, that sounds about right :)
It was funny how when I was in Ireland that not one person had trouble saying Deirdre like they do over here!! I loved Ireland - it is a beautiful and magical place steeped in history, legends and wonderfully kind people.
All of my grandkids have very Irish names - Colson, Cameron, Cailyn, Aidan, Shane, Delaney and Brennan....aren't they nice??


I live an hour from New York City if I catch an express train - yet, I have never been to the Parade. I love the bag pipes and all that plaid.....Today would have been a great day too, although it's cold, the sun is shining brightly.

I baked 8 loaves of Irish Soda Bread last night....it was really yummy while it was warm. I took one to work and will pass a few around to my daughters and friends and hopefully have one left over to pop in the freezer for another day. Since it is Tuesday and on Tuesday I usually grab dinner with my friend Jackie, I invited her over for a Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner. We'll celebrate the day with a Green Apple Martini instead of our usual Pomegranate one.

I'll need to start looking around for another blog background, now that St. Pat's will be over....wishing you a wonderful day today filled with a bit of luck and love!

No comments: