Some of My Scrap Works

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting Ready to Bake


I really try to avoid cooking at all costs. It is just not fun for me. (Don't get me wrong, I DO cook, because trust me, I do not look like I am starving to death). I do enjoy cooking for Christmas Eve though and several other occasions during the year - mostly holidays (except Thanksgiving), any time is snows and for Saint Patrick's Day. I love Irish Soda Bread. There are so many recipes out there, but I started making this one last year. I got the recipe from my sister, who actually likes to cook and is quite good at it (see Thanksgiving). She told me while I was out getting in trouble as a kid, she was learning how to cook. Anyway, I am posting this today, just in case you want to whip up a batch for Tuesday. This freezes really well, so as long as you're messing up the kitchen , make 2 batches! Click on the recipe card to read the directions.
The recipe card was a challenge over at AC Bailey last year - love that Maya Rd Celtic Chipboad!

3 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

It looks delicous!!!

Lisa Carroll said...

Sounds yummy!!

Elisabeth said...

MMMMM, I think I just might give it a go!