Some of My Scrap Works

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Feeling a Bit Sad - and some Deja Vu

I got news last night that Xyron closed I Remember When, their direct sales scrapbooking company. When I first started my scrap business I started out with Leaving Prints, and after a while I started seeing signs that the company was in trouble. I researched and found IRW and was an instructor with them for more than 2 years, until I started seeing those same signs of a company in trouble - old product, issues with deliveries of new product and the like. I left there and have been with AC Bailey ever since. My daughter Cara posted on Facebook that I had a 6th sense about these things, but it makes me sad to see another scrapbooking company go under....I thought that being backed by a big company like Xyron would have protected them, but I guess not. I feel sad for the friends I made over at IRW and the shock and that empty high and dry feeling that occurs when stuff like this happens. Almost like a sucker punch you didn't see coming.....

In this industry, in order to be a success you need to have the latest and greatest product all the time. If a customer has seen it twice it's OLD stuff already. That seems to be one the secrets to a running successful scrapbooking business no matter what scale - a big company or just a little side business...that and great customer service.

3 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Never heard of IRW. Nice to know the history of it. So sorry for the consultants.

Elisabeth said...

I so agree with you when it comes to product...mix it up, move it around and keep it looking fresh and new...it's key in this business!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm Hayley from the AC Bailey forum. I relate to your story. I, too, was an intructor with Leaving Prints, and from there, I went to Topline Creations (but they changed their name to Breezy Design, and I got all confused), and then I looked at IRW, but decided to sign up as a hobbyist with AC Bailey. Glad I did!! Looking forward to getting to know you better....have a look-see at my blog....it's been about a week since I posted, but I'm trying to get better! :)