Some of My Scrap Works

Friday, April 03, 2009

3 Bugs -some new Layouts



I received some 3Bugs products to work with from ACBailey - the 3 Bugs paper line is just adorable. With 5 grandsons I do alot of boy layouts but I loved this combination of blues, greens and yellows along with the cocoa brown. The double sided papers make the line easily adaptable - I especially loved the soft plaid and the polka dots - and the little frogs, snails and turtles make perfect accents for any page. I have been really lax about making layouts featuring Brennan - guess that's what happens when you are the last born :( but he has the sweetest little face you've ever seen - and he'll be a year old next month! I need to get moving with some layouts for him and this one is a good start.

I've had this picture of Aidan with his the first fish he ever caught for a few years just waiting for the right paper to come along...and it did. The 3 Bugs was perfect for this layout and because there is a sheet of blocks with letters and words, as soon as I saw "F for Fish" I knew the photo I would use. I tried something new on this layout - I got some bracelet twine and tied knots in it to look like rope - I really like the effect - I was still able to use my "ribbon mentality" but adapted it for a little boy layout!I used Kraft paper for the background instead of Cardstock and inked the edges to distress it a bit. I wish you could see the look on Aidan's face better - it's priceless!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love those layouts, Dee...I'm sooooo "lifting" them!!!