Some of My Scrap Works

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Crazy Days!

Holy crow - my last day of work was June 5th----I have been off for more than 2 weeks and have been running around like a crazy person IN THE RAIN because it has rained all but 2 days in June so far (actually, it is teeming as I type this). It's been a crazy two weeks - I will not bore you with the details, but a bunch of health related stuff with my daughters and grandkids which made this mom/grandma a wreck! Add to that the typical end of school festivities and goings on - Cub Scouts, Dance Recitals, Concerts, Teas, Baseball and Soccer, Graduations...etc. And being the good grandma I try to be, I get to every last event when I am not working, so I am driving from one end of Long Island to the other IN THE POURING RAIN trying to attend all these functions. Suffice to say that I have a TON of pictures and will be doing some scrapping when things calm down. I was able to get some ACBailey Design Team stuff done this afternoon, which I will be posting on the 1st.
Tommorrow is Summer Solstice - the longest day of the year...wouldn't it be nice if the sun stayed out until it actually was supposed to get dark??? One can only wish if you live in the Northeast.....
Until I can get some decent layouts on here, I will leave you with a photo of my grandson Colson getting a citation from out State Senator.
Colson was awarded "The Arrow of Light" in Cub Scouts - (which is like Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts). He was such a "little man" and so cool and confident, took his oaths and spoke without any nervousness - I was so proud of him - and I promised him I wouldn't cry and although my eyes welled up, I did really well till the very end, and then I felt this huge tear spill over and run down my face. Oh well, it wasn't the first time I shed a tear of pride and it won't be the last :)

1 comment:

Connie Mercer said...

I bet you are busting at the seems-so proud of your Grand!! My sons were scouts also-great organization!!