Some of My Scrap Works

Monday, June 01, 2009

ACBailey June Goodies Kit of the Month

I was so lucky to get to work with this month's beautiful kit - the flip sides of these papers are beautiful too - it was hard to decide which to use!! Keeping with the Red, White and Blue of Memorial Day I created this layout of my great niece Lexie. How perfect, that the photo I took of her on Memorial Day showed the star necklace she was wearing and my Jenni Bowlin bingo card said STAR! I traced a big star on the red and white polka dot paper and cut it out -placed that on the Bazzill cardstock, used the flip side of the paper I cut the star from to layer, ruffled a small piece of blue patterned paper, stapled that and then I slid the bingo card in, finished off with some flowers and journaled around the star using my all time Favorite White Signo Pen. I am starting to think that I am addicted to using Distress Crackle paint on all my chipboard alphas - a great way to always have the right color to go with the layout !

3 comments:

leah said...

Great layout, Dee! Love how you used the diecut paper!

Elisabeth said...

Such a fun layout, love the design! I can't wait to break into my kit!

beckyjune said...

I love the big star, Dee, and it looks like such a fun kit to play with.