Some of My Scrap Works

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shrove Tuesday

One more day until Lent begins....the reason I know this is that my birthday always falls during Lent and I am always afraid to give up cake because I would have no brithday cake at all!! I usually try to give up smoking, and always fail. Now that I stopped smoking, I was thinking this morning while driving to work, what I could conceivably give up without caving in.....so I am thinking Chocolate Candy - that way I can still have ice cream or a Chocolate martini and some Jelly Bellies and still be ok. Maybe I'll throw Chips in too - so that's it - for Lent I will offer up Chips and Chocolate Candy....hmmm maybe I will lose an ounce or too as well. I have some candy left over from Valentine's Day - some Ghiardelli's with caramel centers and one Lindt truffle - there are too many Ghiardelli's to eat all at once, so I will need to put those away - but I will pop the truffle in my mouth as soon as I get home -

One of these days I would love to go to New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras - it sure looks like fun and a real feeding frenzy of good food.

Wishing you a Happy Fat Tuesday!!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Yay Dee, welcome to the world of blogging!!!