Some of My Scrap Works

Monday, December 28, 2009

A Belated Merry Christmas!

Talk about a speed week!!!! Work got crazy, as it does at the end of the semester...then we had a MAJOR Blizzard - a record 26 inches of snow the Saturday before Christmas, which put me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind. I am proud to say though, that I did get everything done - cooked, cleaned, wrapped and ready for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - usually I just do a big buffet bash - my entire family - all my kids, my grandkids, my sister and her family and my niece and her family...all jammed into my tiny house - and no one seems to mind at all! It is always a great, fun time and this year was no different - lots of good food and some tasty cocktails - the hit of the evening were these little candy mice that I made. I could not resist posing them with a mouse trap and featured on the very front of the plate are the Three Blind Mice, which had the kids howling in laughter! I bought crazy hats for the kids and we did our annual song fest. I hope someone got a better photo than this one though. The hats were Santa heads and Snowman heads and really cute but I think maybe too big for most of these little heads!
This year, I had Rich's family the next day for a sit down dinner - it was very nice, but I was WIPED out with two days of cooking and cleaning up. It did not stop me however, from running out to do some after Christmas Shopping!!Now that I have recovered, I am getting ready to take an online Scrapbooking Design class - I really don't "know" how to scrapbook, so when my friend Connie talked to me about it, I just figured I'd go for it. I am already in a panic about my 1st assignment! Will keep you posted though!

No comments: