Some of My Scrap Works

Sunday, September 27, 2009

ACBailey Fall into Scrappin' Crop

What a fun time!! Some wonderful challenges and even a chat with Jenni Bowlin! Although it was a busy weekend for me because of "other stuff" too, I was able to complete a bunch of challenges along with the challenges my own and if I am lucky, since it is cold and rainy today, I may be able to do a few more. One of my challenges was to create a layout using labels that you love. This idea had been in my head for a bit and I was pulling labels off stuff whenever I bought anything - so they were all ready to go. I used October Afternoon paper and die cuts, and Thickers for the title (as usual) and a funky Prima flower. The second layout I did was from a fabulous sketch that Connie posted. I reall struggle with primary colors, so that in itself is a challenge for me. Shane's yellow soccer shirt left me no options, so I went with Basic Grey June Bug and offset it with some white Bazzill scalloped cardstock. Since no layout for me is complete without a button or a flower, added both and a few brads for good measure - and of course, a Thickers title. And no, I did not stitch on my layout - although I do love the look, I used a white signo pen and went over the dashes a few times so that they would look like real stitches. One of these days I may find a sewing machine at a garage sale and really sew on my layouts, but I don't see that happening in the near future. I am happy when I can get a layout done! If you have some time, hop on over the the ACBailey forum and check out the crop challenges - you have til tomorrow at noon to get them done and be eligible for the great prizes!




No comments: