Some of My Scrap Works

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Two of my Little Guys

are Cub scouts and a few weeks ago had a Moving Up ceremony. In an earlier post, I spoke about Colson receiving the Arrow of Light Award, which is the highest Cub Scout Award that can be earned.
I did a 2 page layout with some of the photos that I took of the ceremony, the citations he received and his Bridge over to Boy Scouts - and instead of journaling, I wrote a letter to him. The papers are called Industrial Park - great blues, golds and grays, perfect for Cub Scout layouts and come with a die cut that looks like a big gear. This layout was about the message, not the design - actually hand cut that Arrow Symbol - and used my Wishblade to cut the rest of the title. Cameron moved up to Webelo, so I used the rest of the paper to do a layout of him getting his new neckerchief. He is well on his way to earning the Arrow of Light for next year! For this layout I used Thickers for the title and Making Memories Mini Alphas (boy, I love those little things!). I crack up with the Webelos - I always want to say "Webelos Wobble but they don't fall down". Does anyone remember those toys, or am I showing my age?

No comments: