Some of My Scrap Works

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lazy Blogger

Gee! My last post was the 4th of July??? Where is the time going? For most of the last two weeks I was working at my "real" job - and we had Freshman Orientation, so I was there to meet, greet and register our program's new students - It's always fun to see a new class come in - so young and tentative - and to be able to witness their growth by the time they graduate is incredible! I have been fitting in a bit of scrapping this summer - definitely not as much as I had expected to do.

This layout is from a Kodak Moments sketch that I just loved - and as soon as I saw it, I knew the picture and papers I would use.
This paper and chipboard is from the Prima Dude collection. I used Core'dinations cardstock and sanded around the photo but it did not show up very well. The alpha is SEI and the little soccer balls are Queen and Co. felt. I used pop-dots under some of the stars to make them stand out and lately i have been into tying buttons or chip buttons with fine hemp used to make macarame bracelets. I really like the look. I started a Flip Flop Album with the ACBailey July Goodies Kit of the Month,
but I haven't put any pictures into it yet. These My Mind's Eye Papers were just perfect!! I always struggle with yellows and oranges, but both the LO and this little album turned out quite well. I have the August Goodie kit sitting on my table and it's just gorgeous. I need to get working on some layouts and projects with those supplies for the launch of the kit on the first of the month. Since I will be a CHA in Orlando and won't be back til very late on the 30th, I really need to get a move on because I don't print my own photos and I will need to decide which ones I will use and upload them to Costco. Enjoy this very warm summer evening!

1 comment:

Kristii said...

I totally love the flip flop album!!! Sooooo way cute!!