Some of My Scrap Works

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Some Layouts with the ACBailey May Kit of the Month

This kit was so pretty - and not the usual paper style for me, so I really had some fun with it. I love cutting the designs from papers and using the cutouts as embellishments. This first layout is a picture of Dana and Ken coming off the altar at their wedding. It was in a frame, which was knocked over and the glass broke...it's tough to scrap professional photos and especially an 8x10, but this Marks paper was a perfect combination of elegance and style. I cut the paper an used it as a mat and embellied cut outs around it in the place where the photo was a bit too small. Some Stickles to glitz it up a bit and voila`- perfect!

I was really getting into cutting and the colors of the paper went perfectly with some photos Jami took of me and some of the grands on my birthday last year. I rarely scrap photos of me, although I have been trying to do so more often - I am usually the one behind the camera. Because these papers are so rich and beautifully printed, it was easy to just use cut out work for the main focus - pop on some photos add some additional cut out embellies and then a Thickers title - a quick layout that look like to took hours to do.
The June Kit of the Month will be released on the first - the only hint I can give you is to think "the beginning of the summer" and that it will be perfect for the BBQ and parade photos that you'll be taking the next few weeks! You can sneak a peek of it on the ACBailey estore :)

6 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

These turned out so pretty!!!!

leah said...

VERY pretty - love the first one!

Lisa Carroll said...

beautiful layouts. The one from the wedding is stunning!

Elisabeth said...

Love all the fancy cut work on these...beautiful pages!

Kristii said...

Absolutely gorgeous work!!! I love the first one too!!

Anonymous said...

I love those Dee!! I am going to have to scrap lift the frist one it is sweet!!