Some of My Scrap Works

Friday, May 15, 2009

Ahhhhh Finally Friday!!

What a crazy two weeks - Cameron turned nine and Brennan turned one, Mother's Day, Graduation dinners, doctor's appointments ! Classes ending, finals to give and grade, papers to collect and grade, grades to be calculated (love Excel!!) and then submitted. But whew - it's all done. Work will slow down until I need to do the stat report for the entire student body in our program - about 90 kids. I am so used to doing it, I have everything ready to go and I just need to plug in the 360 individual grades - cake :)

I did accomplish a bit of scrapbooking though - I made a set of cards for a card swap over at AC Bailey. I used October Afternoon papers - I just love their stuff!This card is so versatile and can be adapted for any holiday or occasion. It's also a great design to use for masculine cards because the embellishment can be changed to suit whatever you need. Actually sold a set of cards as well - I never think about selling my cards, but someone requested a set and it was fun to sit and relax doing them.
I am hoping you had a great Mother's Day. It sure was a lovely day. I participated in a 1K "run" to raise money for the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society. Actually, Cailyn and Cameron ran - I walked fast. And Ken was impressed at the speed that I actually did walk - Thank goodness for long legs!! I was glad to see this sign too, just in case!! Although 1 K is not all as far as it sounds.
Colson, Dana and Ken actually ran in the 5K, with Ken racing off to finish the 5K after he ran the 1 K - and Colson beat his parents coming in 11th in his division of 18 years and younger - not bad for a 10 year old!! By the time I got to the finish line with the camera, it looked like Dana was pulling Ken across - his first run after knee surgery - and he said he was hurting. Layouts to follow. We tried to go have breakfast together for Mother's Day, but every place was packed with people doing the same.

3 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Those cards are just the cutest!! Great set dee!!!

Lisa Carroll said...

beautiful cards!

Elisabeth said...

Sweet cards Dee!