Some of My Scrap Works

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Little Sassafrass Lass and the 1st Day of School

Since I have no school age kids I need to wait to get some photos of the grandkid's first day of school. Shane started Kindergarten this year and he was so excited to be able to go on the BIG yellow bus! He loves his teacher "pretty much" but thinks there is too much work and not enough play. Shane is perpetual motion and on the go every waking minute. My daughter Jami is starting to "think like a scrapbooker" and thought to take a picture of the bus as it pulled away! I love how the Jenni Bowlin Bingo card looks as a frame for the photo of the bus. One of these days I will really stitch on layouts instead of using a pen. I used crackle Paint on the Chipboard apple and also used a White Signo pen to outline the Jillibean Soup alphas for the title.
Aidan started second grade and just looking at his picture I am amazed how grown up he looks - he is getting so tall and what a smile - that chin! I got him a few Tony Hawk shirts and he loves them and wore one on the first day of school. He really likes his teacher this year and I have the feeling this will be the year where he will shine. Loved the little Chipboard stuff with this kit - I covered the bus with paper and make windows with Rock Candy Stickles - on the pencil I used my trusty Crackle Paint...jeez I love that stuff. ACBailey is getting ready to have another event....can't spill the beans, but stay tuned ;)

No comments: